Japan Industrial Study Tour Program
The unique feature of this Japan Industry Training Programme is that the lecturers themselves deliver the essence of the actual challenges they have taken on, such as agri-tech, factory Iot and automation, and customer expansion strategies for the world’s leading theme parks.
There will also be plenty of company and facility visits, including a visit to an IoT and robot technology incubation facility by Softbank and the Osaka Bureau of Industry, a world-leading electrical discharge machine factory in Ishikawa Prefecture, a highly technical civil engineering site and an infrastructure management facility.
The industrial study tour also includes an introduction to the Industry 4.0 trend in Japan, workshops on soft skills and leadership, and time to think about your future career.
As you have come all the way to Japan, you will also be introduced to and experience Japan and its cultural customs. Japanese university students (technical college students) also participate in the program. We hope you will enjoy the opportunity to meet other business people and other participants in late summer.
Date : 1st Sep 2023 – 10th Sep 2023 (10 days)
Limited to 25 pax
-Age between 18 to 30 years old
-Citizenship from a country that Japan has diplomatic relationships
-Conversational English level
-Assistant professors or lecturers at universities
STUDY Tour HIGHLIGHTs
General Manager of
Global Business Process & IT Innovation
Member of CIO Lounge
Get a clear image by learning from industry player of Automation of Production Sites.
Also, learn on how to work well in a Global Team.
Former Marketing Director , Universal Studios Japan
Professor of Global Communication
An opportunity to participate in a professional, rare, hands-on strategic class from one of Japan’s top marketing strategy leaders.
CEO of TERRACE MILE, Inc
Regional Computerization Advisor (Ag Tech)
Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications
Ikoma-san is pioneer for Ag Tech (short term for Agriculture Technology) in Japan. One of his innovations, RightARM is used for digitalization of agriculture and improving of farming operations.
Director of ASCA Tech Lab
Ex-Specially Appointed Associate Professor, NARA INSTITUTE of SCIENCE and TECHNOLOGY
Rika-san developed leaders at Panasonic HR specializing in IT Department. Been in both industry and academia, she encourages participants to reflect and amplify career development.
Chance to Visit 6 prefectures!
- Orientation for Course 1 and Course 3
- Get to know Japan with Japanese Participants!
- Learn about Japanese agriculture in this interactive session. Get a clue on how AgriTech Professionals utilize technology to improve quality, crop and sustainability. “TERRACE MILE, Inc.” has a success story of its own to share with you – Ikoma-san
- Industrial Japanese Language Class
- Explore the town around the campus. We will show you where you can buy groceries and how to travel to Osaka and Kyoto by train.
- Japan is at no 3 (after China and the United States)in the ranking for world manufacturing. Despite its comparatively small country, Japan provides 7.5% of the world’s manufacturing output. Get to know Japan Manufacturing’s secret in this class. This session also includes the Industrial Digitalization topic
- Visit 5G X (cross) LAB OSAKA, a support base for product and service development utilizing 5G, established at Soft Industry Plaza TEQS in Osaka South port. Participants will visit Shinsaibashi and Namba.
- Universal Studios Japan ; The entrance ticket is very high-end pricing but its doesn’t stop people from all over the world travel to this famous theme park to enjoy the thrilling rides and see their favorite cartoon and anime characters come to life. This success is the result of Strategy Marketing- Terai-san
- Let’s go to the Universal Studios Japan ITSELF!
- Free day for Course 3
Suggest participants visit Kyoto and another city near the campus.
- Orientation for Course 2
Let’s enjoy a welcome party with Japanese participants.
- End of day for Course 1
- Let’s see the actual site! Visit a major machine manufacturer in Ishikawa Prefecture, one of the world’s top electric discharge machines.
- Stay in a local city and experience Japanese culture and touch the Japanese people’s spirit.
Field Trip for 2 consecutive days!
- Visit the world’s most comprehensive exhibit of material handling and logistics. You will see a variety of the latest equipment.It is located in Shiga Prefecture.
- Visit sites where you can observe Japan’s advanced civil engineering technology and learn about the realities of highway management and day-to-day operations in Aichi Prefecture.
- Students will review the two-day field trip. New discoveries and insights will be shared with the group.
- There is an interactive-style lecture about Leadership & Entrepreneurship. What does it mean to demonstrate leadership to those around you? Let’s think about the requirements to be a leader with Fujita-san’s enjoyable talk.
Industrial Japanese Language Class
- Learn about career paths and trends in Japan
How to find and decide on a job which suites you
- Let’s think about your future career and future initiatives from the stories of non-Japanese or Japanese people working in Japan.
2 Certificates, Japanese Language Certification and ASCA TECH LAB Program Certification, will be provided to each participant upon completion of the Study Tour.
STUdy Tour FeE
Application Deadline : August 3rd, 2023
The cost of the Study Tour to Japan will include:
- Lectures from Speakers during the tour
- Group discussions in class and during the Study Tour
- Participation in all Study Tour activities
- Pre-departure orientation
- Site Admissions entrance fees
- Industrial Japanese Language Class
- Welcome reception and Farewell party
- Accommodation (Single bed, business hotel)
- Meal for Lunch(Halal food is available)
- Land Transportation associated with participation in the curriculum
- Welcome Dinner
The cost of the Study Tour to Japan will NOT include:
- Round-trip International Airfare
- Activities, meals, transport and other expenses outside school hours and during free time
- Breakfast and Dinner
Notices for applicants
- In order to facilitate the program, applicants will have a brief online interview. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have about the program at the interview.
- Applicants will be contacted individually by the secretariat to arrange the interview schedule.
- (Interviews will be held from late June to July)
- Please note that we cannot guarantee that all applicants will participate in the program, as it emphasizes group learning.
- After the announcement of your participation is confirmed, HIS Malaysia representative will contact a participant regarding travel-related services. We will share the participant’s name, demographic information, passport information, etc., with HIS Malaysia. If a participant has any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.